Colonial Heights High School, Colonial Heights, VA
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), Cambridge, MA
Obtained simultaneously B.S. Degrees in Chemical Engineering and in Biology on June 1, 1981
Medical College of Virginia (MCV), Richmond, VA
Medical Degree, May 18, 1985
June, 1985-June, 1986:
Categorical Surgical Internship, L.A. County- USC Medical Center, Los Angeles., CA
July 1, 1986-June 30, 1990:
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Dept of Orthopaedics, L.A. County- USC Medical Center, L.A., CA
Aug. 1, 1990-Jan. 31, 1991:
Wagner Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship
Wagner Institute, Orthopaedic Hospital, L.A., CA
Has been in orthopaedic surgery private practice since 2/91 to present. Extensive experience in industrial medicine. Has been consultant for many Industrial clinics and insurance companies.
Completed a Foot/Ankle Surgery Fellowship at the Orthopedic Hospital in Los Angeles under the tutelage of Dr. William Wagner, who is one of the world authorities on foot and ankle problems. Also has had extensive training and experience in treating diabetes-related foot problems at Rancho Los Amigos Hospital and in clinical private practice. Has been an official consultant for wound care programs.
Has served as the team physician for several local college and high school athletic programs and performing numerous sports medicine/arthroscopic procedures. Currently, practicing general orthopaedics with subspecialty interests in foot/ankle surgery.
BOARD CERTIFICATION (AMERICAN BOARD OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY)
- Staff member at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital in Whittier since 1991
- Chief of Orthopaedic Section at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital (2000-2002)
- Former member of the Quality Review Committee at Presbyterian Inter. Hospital
- Served as Consultant to the Wound Care Program at Presbyterian Inter. Hospital
- Active staff member at Whittier Hospital Medical Center
QUALIFIED MEDICAL EXAMINER (QME)
HONORS, AWARDS, RESEARCH
- Elected to the WHO’S WHO AMONG STUDENTS IN AMERICAN COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES (1980)
- Research in the department of Nutrition and Food Science at M.I.T. Study of growth and behavior of the hydrocarbon-utilizing Pseudomonas bacteria as a possible energy source (1981)
- Invited by the Korean government for Summer Fellowship at the KOREAN INSTITUTE OF ENERGY AND RESOURCES (1981)
- Selected for the Summer Pathology Fellowship at Medical College of Virginia (1982)
- Recipient for the Merck Scholarship for academic excellence (1984)
- The Retrocalcaneal Bursa: Bursography and Anatomy–co-author of this anatomic and clinical paper pertaining to retrocalcaneal bursitis. Presented at the 19th Annual Winter Meeting of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society in Las Vegas, February, 1989. Published in Foot & Ankle Vol 13/No4, May 1992.
- Chiari Pelvic Osteotomy as Treatment of Hip Instability in Cerebral Palsied patients: A Preliminary Report—a clinical retrospective study of twenty-six hip subluxations treated with Chiari osteotomy. Presented at the Resident /Staff Conference with Dr. Mihran O. Tachdjian, September, 1988. Presented at the AOA Resident’s Conference in Rochester, N.Y., April, 1989. Published in the Orthopaedic Transactions, 1990.
- Supracondylar Femur Fractures Treated by Open Reduction and Internal Fixation-L.A. County Experience—a non randomized, retrospective follow-up study of seventy-five patients treated with internal fixation. Presented at the 1990 University of Southern California-Graduate Orthopaedic Society Meeting. Submitted for publication.
- The Spinal Internal Fixator—a prospective study of twelve spine fractures treated by using the A-O internal fixator for the spine. Presented at the Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center (1989)
- Intermetacarpal Angle of the Hand—a radiographic study of certain measurements as aid to restoring hand anatomy after fractures. Submitted for publication.
- Rotatory Deformity in Metacarpal Fractures: A Cadaveric Study—co-author of a cadaveric, radiographic study to accurately assess rotatory deformity in metacarpal fractures. Submitted for publication.
ORGANIZATIONS, COMMUNITY ACTIVITES
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Association (AAOS)
- Member of the California Orthpaedic Association (COA)
- Member of the University of Southern California-Graduate Orthopaedic Society (USC-GOS)
- Member of the Union of American Physicians and Dentists (UAPD)
- Member of the Korean American Medical Association of Southern California (KAMA)
- Member of the M.I.T. Club of Southern California (MITCSC)