Monterey Orthopaedic Surgeon and Spinal Expert Witness
Scott Graham, MD is a renown orthopedic and spinal surgery expert witness, based in Monterey, California. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles and a medical degree from Pritzker School of Medicine, the University of Chicago in Chicago, IL. He’s been a consultant orthopedic expert, with an interest in spines for more than 20 years.
He holds professional certifications from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and is also a diplomate, National Board of National Examiners. His credibility as a top Monterey orthopedic expert witness and his ability to communicate complex orthopedic and spinal surgery issues clearly and understandably makes him one of the most reliable expert witnesses in California, including the cities of San Luis Obispo Fresno, Visalia, Inglewood, Los Angeles, Santa Maria, Bakersfield, Santa Barbara, Bell, and Downey.
As an experienced orthopedic and spinal surgery expert and consultant for plaintiff and defense attorneys representing patients and clients, he and his staff are able to provide objective medical analysis, defensible expert testimony and reliable litigation support services when evaluating spinal or orthopedic-related damages.
After graduating from the Universities of Southern California (1975) and Chicago (1979), Scott Graham, MD continued his postgraduate training with a General Surgery internship at the University of California, Irvine College of Medicine (1979-1980) and residency at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA (1980-1984). Based on his qualifications, he’s been able to work in different medical facilities, providing both clinical and surgical orthopedic and spinal care.
Background and Experience
Scott Graham, MD, has an impressive background of private practice starting in Tarzana, CA from 1984-1986 after which he partnered with other orthopedic experts including Harvard Ellman, Irwin Bliss and Eugene Harris in Century City, CA from 1986-1994. He spent the next 17 years in private practice in Lake Havasu City, Arizona before returning to California to continue his private practice together with Dr. Michael Klassen on the Monterey Peninsula, in 2012.
As a reputable Monterey orthopedic expert witness with extensive recognition throughout his career in orthopedic and spinal medical-legal cases, he has worked with numerous attorneys both as a medical consultant and expert witness. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi honor societies and has served in various capacities in his private practice:
- Team physician with Reseda High School
- Team physician with Lake Havasu City High School
- Team physician with CSUMB
- Co-director of the Arthritis Center, Century City Hospital, Los Angeles, CA (1990-1994)
- Attending orthopedic surgeon, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA (1986-1994)
- Attending orthopedic surgeon at the Tarzana Medical Center, Tarzana, CA (1984-1986)
Scott Graham, MD has been self-employed since 2012 to present. He dedicates his expertise to helping attorneys understand the complexities involved in orthopedic and spinal surgery cases as well as providing his services as a Monterey Spinal Expert Witness. He has provided numerous testimony reports in claimant, defendant and joint instruction cases.
Published Orthopedic and Spinal Expert Witness
Dr. Scott Graham, MD has authored and coauthored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and chapters in books including:
- Flexible Geometry of the Hydridodecacararbonylditungstate Anion. Robert D. Wilson, M.D., Robert Bau, M.D., and Scott A. Graham, M.D. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 91 (3), C49-52, 1975.
- The Cephaloscapular Projection – A Special Diagnostic Aid. William Oppenheim, M.D., Edgar G. Dawson, M.D., Scott A. Graham, M.D., and Charles Quinlan, R.P.T. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research. May 1985; (195): 191-3.
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. Scott A. Graham, M.D., Edgar G. Dawson, M.D., and Urich Batzdorf, M.D. Submitted to Journal of Spine.
- Preliminary Results of the Chiari Osteotomy. Scott A. Graham, M.D., William Oppenheim, M.D., G. Wilbur Westin, M.D., and Edgar G. Dawson, M.D. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research. A review of 58 cases. July 1986; (208): 249-58.
He also regularly lectures at meetings, conferences and seminars to medical colleagues and allied health practitioners in his areas of medical practice.
Areas of Expertise
His areas of expertise include sports medicine, total joint replacement and arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Scott Graham’s main consulting office is based in Monterey, 10 Harris Ct, Building A, Suite 1, Monterey, CA 93940.
As a licensed Monterey orthopedic expert witness, Scott Graham, MD offers unbiased, expert opinion on all matters of orthopedic surgery and spinal surgery with an aim to provide defensible testimony that can stand in a court of law and help you settle a medical dispute swiftly. He is available to provide testimony for Monterey, as well as the cities of San Luis Obispo Fresno, Visalia, Inglewood, Los Angeles, Santa Maria, Bakersfield, Santa Barbara, Bell, and Downey.
Dr. Graham is married with three grown up kids. He spends his spare time enjoying photography and aviation.