Current Professional Positions
- Private Psychological and Neuropsychological Consultation and Treatment Practice. 2011-Present.
- Medical Legal Private Practice. Oakland, CA. February 2008 to Present.
Past Professional Positions
- Psychologist. East Bay Functional Restoration. Concord, CA. September 2007 to 2012.
- Private Practice. Corte Madera, CA. September 2001 to February 2008.
- Neuropsychologist. Kentfield Rehabilitation Hospital Department of Neuropsychology. Kentfield, CA. August 2001 to November, 2006.
- Psychological Assistant. Pacific Pain Treatment Center, San Francisco, CA. Howard P. Rome, Jr., Supervisor. March 1996 to June, 1999.
- Consultant. Kaiser Permanente Department of Pediatrics. Walnut Creek, CA. January, 1991 to May, 2001.
- Behavioral Medicine Specialist. Pacific Center for Orofacial Pain and TMJ Disorders, University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA. September 1990 to September 1996.
- Consultant. Belmont Biofeedback Services, Belmont, CA. April, 1991 to April, 1993.
- Clinician. Peninsula Facial Pain Rehabilitation Center, Burlingame, CA. March, 1989 to September, 1992.
- Consultant. Phobia and Anxiety Treatment Program, Gladman Memorial Hospital, Oakland, CA. April, 1988 to June, 1989.
- Clinician. Behavioral Medicine Clinic, University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA. August, 1986 to June, 1989.
- Research Assistant. Oregon Research Institute, Eugene, OR. January, 1986 to August, 1986.
- Post-doctoral Intern/Fellow. Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology Service. Laguna Honda Hospital. San Francisco, CA. Michael Drexler, Primary Supervisor. August, 1999 to July 2000.
- Psychological Pre-doctoral Intern. Oakland Community Counseling, Oakland, CA. August, 1995 to July, 1996.
- Psychological Intern. Marina Counseling Center, San Francisco, CA. January, 1994 to January, 1995.
- Psychological Intern. Haight Ashbury Psychological Services, San Francisco, CA. August, 1992 to August, 1993.
- Clinical Instructor. Department of Diagnostic Sciences, University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA. September, 1990 to December, 1996.
- Teaching Assistant. Department of Psychology, University of the Pacific,
Stockton, CA. August, 1986 to June, 1987.
- Chief of Neuropsychology. Kentfield Rehabilitation Hospital. June 2003 to November 2006.
- President. Biofeedback Society of California. November, 1996 to November, 1997.
- Board of Directors. Biofeedback Society of California. November, 1991 to November, 1998.
- Editor. California Biofeedback. November, 1993 to November, 1996. November 1997 to November 1998.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA. Doctor of Philosophy, Clinical Psychology, 1999. Dissertation title: The effects of long-term opioid therapy on neuropsychological functioning in chronic pain patients.
- University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA. Master of Arts, Psychology, 1990. Thesis title: Hyperventilation syndrome and anxiety: An assessment based on self-report and physiological measures.
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR. Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, 1982.
- Publications prior to 2000 available upon request.
- The Role of Symptom Validity Testing in the Psychological and Neuropsychological Medical-Legal Evaluation. Laughlin, Falbo, Levy, & Moresi. October 2015
- The Role of Symptom Validity Testing in the Psychological and Neuropsychological Medical-Legal Evaluation. Laughlin, Falbo, Levy & Moresi. June 2013.
- Chronic Pain: From Neurobiology to Mind Body Health. Continuing Education Course. California Institute of Integral Studies, 2006.
- Is Cognitive Impairment A Natural Consequence of Opioid Taking? Presented at the Worldwide Pain Conference. San Francisco, CA. July 20, 2000.
- Presentations prior to 2000 are available upon request.
- Panels chaired prior to 2000 are available upon request.
- Dose Stability in Chronic Pain Patients. Presented at the Worldwide Pain Conference. San Francisco, CA. July 15-21, 2000.
- Posters prior to 2000 are available upon request.
- 1997 Recipient of an Unrestricted Educational Grant from Knoll Pharmaceutical for doctoral research
- 1987 recipient of *ARCS Foundation Scholarship (*Achievement Rewards for College Scientists)
- California Psychological Association, Professional Member
- California Society of Industrial Medicine and Surgery, Active Member