Dr. James Michael Fait, MD is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and a qualified California orthopedic surgery expert witness, offering services in California. He graduated with a medical degree from the acclaimed University of California Davis School of Medicine, and has been practicing for over 20 years. He is affiliated with Whittier Hospital Medical Center and is one of the 25 orthopedic surgeons at the medical facility.
As an accomplished San Diego orthopedic surgery expert witness, he works with plaintiff and defense counsel, as well as the courts and federal and state agencies to help resolve complex litigation issues surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of ailments affecting muscles, bones and joints as well as the treatment of sports-related injuries, tumors, birth defects and infections.
Dr. Fait holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Bioengineering, a Minor Degree in Economics and a Minor Degree in Political Science from the University of California Revelle College in San Diego, California (1988-1992). He also graduated with a Doctor of Medicine Degree, University of California Davis School of Medicine in Sacramento, CA from 1992 to 1996. He completed his medical internship at the Department of Surgery at the University of California Davis School of Medicine from 1996 to 1997.
He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California Davis School of Medicine from 1997 to 2001. After completing his residency, he underwent postdoctoral training at the Scripps Clinic and Scripps Green Hospital, Division of Orthopedic Surgery in La Jolla, CA (Fellow, lower extremity reconstruction (2001-2002). Dr. James M Fait has extensive clinical experience in orthopedics, achieved through continuous training, making him a reliable California orthopedic surgery expert witness.
Background and Experience
Dr. Fait has an extensive background and experience working in various medical facilities, both as a consultant and a surgeon. He worked in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Foundation Hospital in San Diego from 2002-2012. He has been doing his private practice at the Foundation Medical Group, Inc. from 2012 to present.
He is also affiliated with a number of hospitals in California, where he has served in various capacities as a practicing orthopedic surgeon. His affiliations include:
- Staff physician (Active status) at the Escondido Surgery Center, Escondido, CA from 2002-2012
- Staff physician (Active status) at the Palomar Medical Center, Pomerado Health System, Escondido, CA from 2002-2012
- Staff physician (Active status) at the Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Zion Medical Center in San Diego, CA from 2002-2012.
- Staff physician (Active status) at the Sharp Coronado Hospital, Coronado, CA from 2002 to present.
- Orthopedic surgeon at Whittier Hospital Medical Center AHMC, Whittier, CA from 2012 to present.
- Orthopedic surgeon at Parkview Community Hospital, Riverside,CA from 2013 to present.
You can find Dr. Fait APC at 2220 Otay Lakes Road, Suite 502-123, Chula Vista, CA 91915 where he has been offering his private practice since 2013.
Dr. Fait also holds various certifications in the field of orthopedics, and has completed several FDA courses to ensure he is up-to-date with the latest standard practices in orthopedics. This way, he’s able to provide reliable services as a California orthopedic surgery expert witness. His certifications and FDA course completions in California include:
- Knee replacement course, MAKOplasty Robotic assisted Unicompartmental – 2012
- Advanced Anterior Approach for Total Hip Arthroplasty – 2011
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) Instructional Course – 2007
- Advanced Instructional Course, Oxford Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty – 2006
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Fait specializes in general orthopedic surgery and hip and knee reconstructive surgery. As an experienced and reputable orthopedic surgeon in California, he’s able to answer key questions about the standard of care, the appropriateness of care, orthopedic complications and the outcomes as it pertains to all aspects of orthopedic ailments, resulting issues like trauma and surgery involving the musculoskeletal system.
As a recognized California orthopedic surgery expert witness, he’s well versed in orthopedic litigation matters and helps legal counsel define the validity of legal actions with key emphasis on being impartial, objective, honest and professional when producing orthopedic evaluation reports and testimony that can stand in a court of law.
Honors and Distinctions
Dr. Fait holds various honors and distinctions achieved throughout his practice as an orthopedic surgeon and a San Diego orthopedic surgery expert witness. These include:
- Outstanding physician partner, Kaiser Permanente Southern California Permanente Medical Group (Jan 2012)
- Patient’s Choice Award – MDx Medical List of America’s Most Compassionate Doctors (June 2011)
- Nominee for the Elisabeth Schilling Award for Compassionate Care at the Permanente Medical Group (2009-2010)
- Quality of Care Annual Award, Southern California Permanente Medical Group (2005-Present)
- Annual Physician Recognition Award, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Southern California Permanente Medical Group (2002,2003, 2004, 2005)
- Partner Physician, Southern California Permanente Medical Group (2005-present)
- Outstanding Orthopedic Surgical Resident, Class of 2001, Graduate Research Symposium, Paul R. Lipscomb Alumni Society, Leonard Marmor Surgical Arthritis Foundation’ (June, 2001)
- 1996 – 1997 Outstanding Intern Award, Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis
- School of Medicine (June 1997)
- Excellence in Orthopedics, Paul R. Lipscomb Award (June 1996)
- Robert G. Taylor, MD Award, Excellence in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (June 1996)
- Provost’s Honors List, University of California, San Diego, Revelle College (1988-1992)
Dr. Fait has also taken part in various recognized presentations organized by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, Southern California Society for Orthopedic Technicians, International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, National Association of Orthopedic Nurses, Multidisciplinary Conference of Trauma Surgery and the Orthopedic Trauma Association.
Some of his invited presentations discussed key orthopedic issues including:
- Revision Hip Arthroplasty
- Techniques in Hip and Knee Replacement
- Postoperative Care and Management of Hip and Knee Replacement Patients
- Management of Open Fractures
- Accuracy of Articular Reduction following ORIF of Acetabular Fractures
His professional memberships include:
- Fellow at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, member since 2012
- Diplomate at the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, member since 2005
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, member since 1996
- Orthopedic Surgery Expert Witness at AES
Orthopedic Surgery Expert Witness at AES
Dr. Fait is an experienced California orthopedic surgery expert witness and part of a panel of examiners and medical expert witnesses at Arrowhead Evaluation Services. When you need objective and evidence-based orthopedic expert witness testimony to support a claimant’s case or determine the extent or prognosis of an orthopedic surgery case, you can work with Dr. Fait, a leading San Diego orthopedic surgery expert witness.
Feel free to request a California independent medical evaluation at Arrowhead Evaluation Services or contact us to learn more about our orthopedic surgery expert witnesses.
888-888-5902 or email@example.com