Dr. Edward Yun, MD is a highly-experienced, board-certified urology specialist in California. With over 14 years of experience in private practice and a number of professional and academic distinctions, Dr. Yun shows excellence among urology medical experts and is pleased to offer independent medical evaluations (IME), and urology expert witness services as needed for industrial and litigation proceedings.
Dr. Yun began his career with a Bachelor of Science at the University of Michigan, where he studied with the honorable Regents/Alumni Scholarship and majored in Cellular and Molecular Biology. After graduating in 1994, he attended the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York where he was awarded the prestigious Dean’s scholarship. He completed his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1998.
In 1998, Dr. Yun undertook his internship at the University of California, San Francisco in the Department of General Surgery before commencing two residencies at the same university. For the first of these appointments from 1999 to 2000, Dr. Yun continued to focus on general surgery before specializing in urology and learning from seasoned urology medical experts in his second residency from 2000 to 2004.
Background and Experience
During his professional career, Dr. Yun has applied himself to clinical practice and academic lecturing as well as offering his services as a QME, IME, AME, and urology expert witness. In 2004, he opened his own private practice at the Urology Center of Southern California. In 2009, Dr. Yun was employed as an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Urology of the University of California, Irvine. In 2015, he added to his activities by accepting a position as Vice Chair of Urology at Riverside Community Hospital, California.
Dr. Yun has served on several committees during his career to help oversee and further develop the practice of urology medical experts in California:
- From 2009 to 2014, he served as chair of the Department of Urology and a member of the Surgical Quality Review Committee at Riverside Community Hospital.
- In 2011, he joined the Corona Regional Medical Center Ethics Committee.
- Dr. Yun furthered his commitment to medico-legal affairs as a member of the Judicial Review Committee at Riverside Community Hospital in 2012.
- He became a medical expert reviewer in urology in 2013.
- Dr. Yun has been helping to improve standards of medical practice with the Riverside Community Hospital Med Staff Quality Review Committee since 2015.
- Since 2008, Dr. Yun has been the chair of the Southwest Healthcare System Interdisciplinary Committee.
Dr, Edward Yun is currently affiliated with the Corona Regional Medical Center and Riverside Community Hospital where he works with other urology medical experts.
Licensure and Certification
Since finishing the end of his first residency, Dr. Yun has held certification as a State of California Licensed Physician and Surgeon, and at the same time was also granted a United States Drug Enforcement Administration license.
In 2004, Dr. Yun was admitted to the California State Department of Health and has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Urology from 2006 to the present.
Honors and Awards
Dr. Yun’s tireless efforts in the study and practice of urology have been recognized with several awards and scholarships. In addition to those already mentioned, Dr. Edward Yun has received the following honors for urology medical experts:
- A national Patient’s Choice Award from 2009 to 2012
- “America’s Top Urologists” Consumers’ Research Council of America in 2009
- The Gerald P. Murphy Scholar award from the American Urological Association in 2004
- A position as Traveling AUA Fellow for the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction in 2003
- A Biomedical Research Fellowship from the National Institutes of Health from 1995 to 1996
As a urology physician and surgeon, Dr. Yun has maintained several professional memberships with associations for urology medical experts. These include:
- The American Urological Association (Western Section)
- The Association of Clinical Urologists
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- The California Medical Association
- The Riverside County Medical Association
Dr. Edward Yun has shown himself to be a leader among urology medical experts with several publications to his name. He co-authored the published book Urological Emergencies: A Practical Guide and wrote a chapter in The Medical Clinics of North America. He has also published a number of peer-reviewed abstracts for the AUA Annual Meeting and has written articles for prestigious medical journals such as:
- Journal of Urology
- Cancer Detection and Prevention
As an invited guest, Dr. Yun has given lectures at several universities, hospitals, health centers, and medical associations.
Put Your Health Evaluation in the Hands of the Experts
As evidenced by his extensive resume, Dr. Edward Yun is an outstanding medical professional who has contributed much to the knowledge and practice of urology medical experts in the United States. If you need a QME, IME, AME, or urology expert witness in the state of California, you can’t go wrong with Dr. Yun. To request an evaluation with Dr. Yun or any of our other specialists, call us at 888-888-5902 or fill out our online form today.