Dr. Edward J. Yun, is a highly-experienced, board-certified urology specialist in California. With over 20 years of experience in clinical practice and a number of professional and academic distinctions, Dr. Yun is an excellent urology expert and is pleased to offer independent medical evaluations (IME)and urology expert witness services for industrial and litigation proceedings.
Dr. Yun began his career at the University of Michigan, where he studied where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology. After graduating in 1994, he attended Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons in New York where he was awarded the prestigious Dean’s scholarship. He completed his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1998.In 1998, Dr. Yun undertook his internship at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) in the Department of General Surgery before specializing in urology. He completed his urology training in 2004.
Background and Experience
During his professional career, Dr. Yun has applied himself to both the clinical practice of urology and teaching as well. In 2004, he joined the Urology Center of Southern California as an attending urologist. In 2009, Dr. Yun also became an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Urology of the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Over the past several years, Dr. Yun has also offered his services as an independent medical examiner and IME, urology expert witness.
During his career, Dr. Yun has served on many committees to help improve the quality of medical and surgical care in the community:
- From 2009 to 2014, he served as Chair of the Department of Urology at Riverside Community Hospital, where is also served on the Surgical Quality Review Committee.
- Since 2011, he has been a member of Ethics Committee at Corona Regional Medical Center.
- Dr. Yun furthered has also served as a member of the Judicial Review Committee at Riverside Community Hospital since 2012.
- In 2013, Dr. Yun was invited to become a Urology Expert Reviewer for the Medical Board of California, a position he still holds today.
- Since 2015, Dr. Yun has been asked to expand his role in quality of care improvement by being a member of the Riverside Community Hospital Medical Staff Quality Review Committee.
Licensure and Certification
Dr. Yun is licensed to practice medicine in the State of California, and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Urology.
Honors and Awards
Dr. Yun’s tireless efforts in the study and practice of urology have been recognized with several awards and scholarships. In addition to those already mentioned, Dr. Edward Yun has received the following honors for urology medical experts:
- A national Patient’s Choice Award from 2009 to 2012
- “America’s Top Urologists” Consumers’ Research Council of America in 2009
- The Gerald P. Murphy Scholar award from the American Urological Association in 2004
- A position as Traveling AUA Fellow for the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction in 2003
- A Biomedical Research Fellowship from the National Institutes of Health from 1995 to 1996
As a urology physician and surgeon, Dr. Yun has maintained membership in several professional organizations. These include:
- The American Urological Association
- The American Association of Clinical Urologists
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- The California Medical Association
- The Riverside County Medical Association
Dr. Edward Yun has shown himself to be a leader among urology medical experts with several publications to his name. He co-authored a chapter in the published book Urological Emergencies: A Practical Guide and also wrote a chapter in The Medical Clinics of North America. He has also published a number of peer-reviewed abstracts for the AUA Annual Meeting and has written articles for medical journals such as:
- Journal of Urology
- Cancer Detection and Prevention
As an invited guest, Dr. Yun has given lectures at several universities, hospitals, health centers, and medical associations.
Put Your IME or Medicolegal Case in the Hands of the Experts
As evidenced by his extensive resume, Dr. Edward Yun is an outstanding medical professional who has contributed much to the knowledge and practice of urology. If you would like to inquire as to whether Dr. Yun would be the appropriate IME expert or expert witness for your medicolegal case, or if you would like to request an IME by any of our other specialists in any other field or medicine, please call Arrowhead Evaluation Services at 888-888-5902 or fill out our online form today.Leave a reply →