You should look for a physician or medical expert who is qualified to provide medical testimony and has expertise relevant to your claim. Medical specialists, such as cardiologists or orthopedic surgeons, can provide a QME / IME in greater detail for their specialty. The California Department of Workers Compensation maintains a list of Qualified Medical Examiners (QME).